If you’re thinking about volunteering with us, we’d like to take this time to thank you! We are a volunteer-run organisation and couldn’t continue to do the work we do without people like you. We are often looking for more members to join our team in a variety of positions. If there are any areas of our work that interest you then email us. Also check the list of Subgroup Co-ordinator roles below and if you’ve found something which fits you then email at firstname.lastname@example.org
TRANS SUBGROUP CO-ORDINATOR POSITION AVAILABLE
Are you passionate about trans rights and want to advocate for local trans people in York? Then this position is for you.
We are looking for a person under the trans umbrella who can help coordinate our trans projects. This role also involves liaising with Generate a trans social group in York.
We are aiming to do some joint projects with this group and the role will involve organising joint events.
YORK LGBT FORUM VOLUNTEERING FORM
THE OBJECTS OF THE
CHARITABLE INCORPORATED ORGANISATION
- To promote equality and diversity for the public benefit by:
- The elimination of discrimination in relation to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, questioning people (LGBT) and allies and associates living within the city of York and its environs;
- Challenging homophobia, biphobia, transphobia or any associated negative attitudes and behaviour within society;
- Working with partners and organisations, public and private, in developing initiatives that will enhance and safeguard LGBT people’s lives, ensuring their inclusion in all aspects of life, and that their human rights are promoted; and by
- Advancing education, raising awareness and promoting a culture based on equality and diversity.
- To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, questioning people (LGBT) and allies and associates from being socially excluded from society on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity, relieving the needs of such people; and
- To further any other purpose which is charitable according to the law of England and Wales for the public benefit as the trustees see fit from time to time.