There are many ways you can get involved with us:
• Attend one of our meetings: 2nd Thursday of the month at York St John University 7.00pm – 9:30pm – please email us for confirmation.
• Volunteer with us: do you have a special interest? We can find something for you.
• Become a member by filling out the form below
YORK LGBT FORUM MEMBERSHIP FORM
THE OBJECTS OF THE
CHARITABLE INCORPORATED ORGANISATION
- To promote equality and diversity for the public benefit by:
- The elimination of discrimination in relation to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, questioning people (LGBT) and allies and associates living within the city of York and its environs;
- Challenging homophobia, biphobia, transphobia or any associated negative attitudes and behaviour within society;
- Working with partners and organisations, public and private, in developing initiatives that will enhance and safeguard LGBT people’s lives, ensuring their inclusion in all aspects of life, and that their human rights are promoted; and by
- Advancing education, raising awareness and promoting a culture based on equality and diversity.
- To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, questioning people (LGBT) and allies and associates from being socially excluded from society on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity, relieving the needs of such people; and
- To further any other purpose which is charitable according to the law of England and Wales for the public benefit as the trustees see fit from time to time.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with the York LGBT Forum then we have plenty of roles to suit all abilities and time commitments.